Outline (shape) in DXF file

I use WF2 (M220). Sometimes I need to create a dxf file (from .drw file): File->save a copy-> i choose dxf type etc. We need dxf files for laser
cutting. Some dxf files have errors. They have a broken outline so laser operator can not use them. Most of them are ok, but sometimes they are wrong. We must repair them by inserting lines in this gaps. It is laborious. Does somebody know another, better way to make dxf file from .drw drawing? Does WF format converter could have problem to create it? Maybe I should choose any additional option in "Export Enviroment for DXF" window?
Regards Ziomall

we do this also, but for flame cutting... no problems. we do however use polylines instead of the default splines (not sure if there is a config setting for that). i know splines will cause gaps when retrieved in some older software.
-mark
use WF2 (M220). Sometimes I need to create a dxf file (from .drw file): <BR>File-&gt;save a copy-&gt; i choose dxf type etc. We need dxf files for laser <BR>cutting. Some dxf files have errors. They have a broken outline so laser <BR>operator can not use them. Most of them are ok, but sometimes they are <BR>wrong. We must repair them by inserting lines in this gaps. It is laborious. <BR>Does somebody know another, better way to make dxf file from .drw drawing? <BR>Does WF format converter could have problem to create it? Maybe I should <BR>choose any additional option in "Export Enviroment for DXF" window?<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Ziomall <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>I have heard (maybe you can verify this) that a DXF export from Pro/e works best when you set "DXF Version" to 14. This is an older "standard" that more software understands. This also had builtin ways of handling more complex geometry, including, I believe, automatic conversion of splines to polylines.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks a lot guys. I will try polylines and 14 version of DXF. At this moment I am using default: splines and DXF v. 2000.
Regards Ziomall

You could also try exporting the drawing to Iges, then importing it into Autocad 14, if you have it. It was the last Autocad to handle Iges. We have done this when we want to send outlines for cutting to our graphic designers so they can import into their programs. They would have similar problems to you.
wrote:<BR>&gt; Thanks a lot guys. I will try polylines and 14 version of DXF. At this<BR>&gt; moment I am using default: splines and&nbsp; DXF v. 2000.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Regards<BR>&gt; Ziomall<BR><BR>You could also try exporting the drawing to Iges, then importing it<BR>into Autocad 14, if you have it. It was the last Autocad to handle<BR>Iges. We have done this when we want to send outlines for cutting to<BR>our graphic designers so they can import into their programs. They<BR>would have similar problems to you.</BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>I also know to be a problem, for a lot of applications importing DXF files, is "drawings". What they want is an actual outline and just the outline. So, when you export, no notes, no dimensions, no format, no hidden lines -- just the the one view, the outline and at 100% because most applications importing DXF don't read or understand scale from Pro/e, even if you have the option set to save the scale.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=

Yes I guess. But we have not Acad and I would like to use WF for this operation.
Ziomall