files randomly closing

Has anybody else come across this?

I have one assembly open. I open a part from within that assembly, make a change, save, then hit the little 'X' to close that part. The view then changes back to the assy, and I get a message stating (something to the effect of): "One or more files must be closed as a result of this operation. Save changes? Yes/No."

So I of course hit Yes, and a few seconds later, my main assembly closes and I'm left with the blank SW screen.

It happens with multiple files open, too. Closing one will for some reason close something else.

It is, of course, not-repeatable, but I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this.

I'm on SW2004 now, but it happened back in 2001+ as well.

--nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

We see it here randomly in SW2003.

Reply to
SWuser

I also see it randomly with SW2003. I haven't gone to 2004 yet.

'Sporky'

SWuser wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Ditto. Since 2001, not repeatable. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

anybody by chance got a SPR?

Reply to
Nick E.

I never entered one because I can not reproduce it at will. If the VAR or SW can not reproduce it they will assume it does not exist.

Reply to
SWuser

Ditto, although I don't think there is such a presumption on the part of SW (that a problem does not exist). The way things stand it is APPARENTLY difficult (if not totally useless) to attempt to get an SPR for something that can't be reproduced -- and it shouldn't be -- whether or not SW presumes the problem isn't real. In the least, going through a VAR never got me anywhere with such a problem. And I have a pretty good VAR.

'Sporky'

SWuser wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman