shaded edges

I hate working with edges on. I'll open a part,, the edges will be on. I
turn edges off, save and close the part, open it back up, and edges are on
again. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I've set up my new part and assy. templates with the edges off. This
seems to work OK, (so far) with new parts that I create. There doesn't seem
to be anything you can do to change exsisting parts if they're created with
edges on.
Is this a bug, or am I missing something. SW2004 SP 4.1
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
Hey MM,
I just checked and it works like expected on SW2004 SP 4.1.
Save Shaded, close, and open - model is shaded. Save Shaded with edges, close and open - model is sheded with edges. ???
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
Muggs,
Ok,,, I've nailed it down.
Open a small assembly. Open each part, turn edges off, and save. Turn edges off in the assembly, save and close. Close all parts
Open the assembly, edges are off. Right click on a part and open it,,, edges are on !!!!
I've been able to repeat this consistently with several assemblies.
It's a bug.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
Yep, that is exactly correct. Same results here on three different assemblies!
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
I'll second that. I think I turned it in the early BETA stages, but that was long ago. I thought it was fixed in the next one. Now I have to look again in the latest, but bedtime....
Mr. Pickles
Reply to
Mr. Pickles
anybody open an assembly and NOT have the option to turn the edges on? sometimes, good ol' bob z. likes to see these edges.
bob z. p.s. hope riding on a bullet alive tonight you know we couldn't get it right...
Reply to
bob zee
because of Large Assy mode, you GOOFBALL!
bob z. p.s. bob z. found the answer... after MrCSWP showed him the way.
Reply to
bob zee
New IT guy, or posting from home?
Richard
Reply to
Richard Doyle
bob z. is posting with the new and improved GOOGLE GROUPS (beta)! can you believe it? it is almost 'real-time' posting. the IT dude won't know what hit him. well, maybe he will think it was a jelly donut or half a wedding cake...
so, to directly answer your question, bob z. is posting from work. 8~)>
bob z.
Reply to
bob zee
"bob zee" wrote in news:chkofm $ snipped-for-privacy@odak26.prod.google.com:
Hey, that looks like a pretty nice new interface they have there. I'll have to spread the word to those with Lame-O ISPs and IT.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Hey MM and/or Mr. Pickles,
Did either of you put in an SPR??
Either way, I think I will. Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
BTW, It's that way in SW 2005 SP 0.0 also.
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs