Some one please help a total newbie to Solidworks

I am a level 1, 2-D Autocad user. I have absolutely no knowledge of

3-D, whatsoever. I have a need to make a 3-d image of a doughnut, measuring 2 1/2" with an inside hole of 1 1/2". I do have Solidworks 2003. If someone would be kind enough to send me a step by step of this mentioned doughnut, in the isometric view, rendered in any color, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance, Guido De Angelis
Reply to
Guido De Angelis

Open a New Part file. Click on the Sketch Icon, and pick a Plane (a piece of paper to draw on, usually called Front or Plane 1). Draw a Vertical Centerline form the Origin (where all the points intersect - a red "L" with an Asterick in the corner) Draw a Circle off to the right, with the center of the circle about even (horizontal) with the origin. Dimension the Circle and make it 2.5" Dimensinson the Center of the Circle to the Red Origin, and make it 0.25 (if you dimesions are right). Now close the Sketch (hit the Checkmark) Click the Revolve icon, and choose the Sketch that is in the Feature Manager Tree on the right. Make it go 360 degrees and you should be done.

There are things to make it better and more right, but you'll learn them latter.

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles