please help me to get good solidworks tutorial

hello all, I am new to solid works. I need to design some complicated 3d solids like double row angular contact bearing . which book helps me more to get more familiarize with designing and animation of objects in solid works. Is there any online material for that. kindly help me .

Reply to
lavanya

The best resource to learn advanced modeling techniques will be from your Value Added Reseller. Do a search on Amazon for 'Solidworks', and a few good books will come up. The newly released "Solidworks for Dummies" by Greg Jankowski is a very well written book, and the boks by Planchard & Planchard are always a good referance guide.

Reply to
SoCalMike

I bought the planchard books and ran through some of the CD-ROM exercises.

I thought the Solidworks tutorial that came with SW 2005 was the best tutorial I've seen in about 15 years of solid modelling.

Under "Help-Online Tutorial".

I started with that and ran through all the modelling exercises. Then did part of the Planchard CD.

I like the SW included tutorial because of the inter-operability with the program itself. That is, if you forget a function, you can go back to the tutorial and you're not just clicking through a disconnected

*.pdf - the SW tutorial will launch the SW feature/tool you might be looking for at the time.
Reply to
wwswimming

Just a hint from someone who has tried to jump in over my head more than once, where I've set out to create complicated parts as my first "learning experience". I have frustrated myself a great deal.

The tutorial paperback and built-in tutorial are what go over the basics so you can get a good foundation of the basic work before jumping into such things as bearing design.

To make a pun, bearings can easily become "over-bearing" and "over-constrained" and give you fits, without earlier simpler practice designs.

Reply to
Bonobo

The Online Tutorial in Solidworks is real helpful. Just about all of the different procedures needed to complete a 3-d feature are included; drawing, extruding, lofting, revolving, sweeping, assembly, etc. Just about every procedure that you need to complete a finished model is covered in a real simplified step by step approach. You can print out the lessons for reference. When you are through creating a model, then Photoworks and animation is included as well, and the lessons will get you on the road to finishing your model with "Photo Realism". For further reference, here is a real High Caliber link to get you started.

Good luck. G. De Angelis

Reply to
G. De Angelis

You could use Cadpo. Its an online training solution for SolidWorks, and pretty much teaches they same thing your VAR will, but cost ALOT less. I did their demo at SW World, and it was pretty nice.

SW Monkey