Help for a Newbie to 3-D

Someone please tell me why after drawing a cone, or sphere with wire-frame and selecting the render command, I am unable to save the
rendered file. What is it that I am not completing, in the Render dialog box? Thank you in advance, Guido de Angelis
Select the "Render to File" option in the Render Dialog. ___