Oops! I bought a 3-wire display instead of 1-wire HELP!

Hello,
(I have never posted to this group before, forgive me if this is not the proper place for a question like this)
I am working on a project with a Serial LCD and a basic stamp (bs2sx). I can handle the 1-wire displays just fine, but I accidentally bought this display that is 3-wire and uses SHIFTOUT instead of SEROUT. Can somebody please give me some pointers on how to do this? The datasheet is here (http://momentumfire.com/spec/lm3033b.pdf see section 4.3). I have it conneced to my BS2SX, but I don't understand this start bits, register select, splitting into 4-bit groups, etc. Can somebody give me a "hello world" for this display? I can reverse-engineer the code and understand it, but I am getting nowhere on my own! This display looks to be a nice one, I can't wait to get it going!
Thank you very much in advance, CoogarXR