Help with projecting a 3d surface to 2d

Hi all,
I'm making a model of a stadium and right now I'm working on the seating sections.
I've made a 3-dimsensional ruled surface in AutoCAD that represents
the curved area of the seats, and I am wondering if there was a way to "pull off" the seating section and flatten into 2-d.
In other words, I'm trying to find the 2-d dimensionl drawing of the seats such that if I cut it out, I could curve into my stadium model.
Thanks in advance, JL