Default Shaded With Edges - Can this be changed?

Is there a way to change the fact that all parts/assemblies open up with their edges shown (Shaded with Edges)? I know that this is a template setting, but this bites for all parts or assemblies that have already been created.

PS - hello again everybody. I have been lurking for the last year or so.

Reply to
Steve

Yes Steve,

Tools>Options>System Options>Disply/Selection>Edges displayed in shaded mode>check "No Edges"

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Actually, go to Tools/Options/System Options/Edges displayed in shaded mode and select "No Edges." I think this will do what you want.

W T

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

this would be very easy to do. capture the solidworks event FileOpenNotify2 - SldWorks Event then use this api command ModelDoc2::ViewDisplayShaded

Reply to
Sean Phillips

I thought this was going to be a case of "I should have looked harder" but it's apparently not.

I do not have the option you all described (Running SW2004).

I do have an option for System Options\Display/Selection\Edge display in shaded with edges mode BUT I only have 2 choices - HLR and Wireframe.

The thing that worries me is that the setting I'm trying to change is saved with the part or assembly. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to live with this until eventually I save this setting for each and every part that I ever open.

Just a pain in the A$$, but it's not a really big deal.

I could write a macro that would take care of this, but heck, it's just one button click.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Not sure what is going on with that. It looks like SolidWorks has this set as a default. When I open any model that was created in 2003 it has the edges showing. I am assuming that you can change it in your part and assembly templates and it will hold for any new parts created.

I would report this to your VAR. Maybe they will add it to a check box in the next SP.

Reply to
SWuser

Well, seeing that you didn't specify what version of SW you were talking about I assumed SW2003.

SO... On the tool bar push the "Shaded" button, and then save a new part template, and that will do it. Now whenever you open a new part with that part template, you'll already be in shaded mode.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

steve snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote in news:b4559a99.0309170640.478e47b5 @posting.google.com:

I don't think it's saved with the template. My system (2001Plus) displays edges or not depending on the current setting whenever I open a part.

Is there a check mark next to View-->Display-->HLR Edges in Shaded Mode in the menus? I don't know why you wouldn't see it in the System settings dialog.

Joel Moore

Reply to
Joel Moore

"Muggs" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

How does that help? He's trying to turn off edge display in shaded mode, not figure out how to have new parts default to shaded mode.

Reply to
Joel Moore

My mistake, sorry.

Muggs

news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

Reply to
Muggs

did i not answer this question.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Steve,

I'm also having this problem with SW2004.... it's a real pain in the butt and despite searching through EVERY darn menu in SW, I can't seem to find what we're looking for.... hopefully SP1.0 addresses this or else I'm going back to 2003...not only is it annoying but it's also a LOT hungrier on the graphics too to superimpose all of those extra displayed edges onto the model.

Reply to
George Maddever

George,

What they did was change the meaning of the icon (rect. with edges = shaded

2003 what we're looking for.... hopefully SP1.0 addresses this or else I'm going
Reply to
MM