Here is exactly what you want:
Just grab the 'Copy Drawing Options.' It appears this utility has not
yet been updated for 2004... you can update it yourself, but I am unsure
how much work that would really be.
This is actually an Excel Spreadsheet that uses an Excel macro to
capture, store, and set the options in SWX documents (also does SWX
From the Help:
1. In SolidWorks, open a document where all options are correct.
2. Activate the corresponding excel sheet (CopyDrwOption for drawings,
CopyPrtOption for parts and CopyAsmOption for assemblies). If you want
to copy system options chose CopySystemoption
3. Click on the command button called "Hole Optionen (get options)". Now
all document options are read from the active document an their value is
stored in column D of the Excel sheet.
4. Backup the drawing where you want to change the options (just to be
5. Open and activate the document with the wrong options.
6. Click on the command button labeled "Setze Optionen (set options)".
Now all options are set in the active document unless in the first row
"Übernehmen" is a value lower than 0. The column E indicates the
success (or failure) of this action.
7. You may also save the excel sheet with your correct options, so you
don't need to gather the options over and over again.