Kimball Piano Keyboard

Hi:

I am a pastor trying to find a key to fit a Kimball grand piano keyboard lock. The key appears to be a triangular shape, probably without any teeth. Any suggestions on how I might find such a key? We need to be able to lock the keyboard closed to keep the kiddies from banging on the piano!

Thanks!

Peter Perry First UMC Phoenix snipped-for-privacy@fumcphx.org

Peter Perry

if I remember right, from 45 years ago IT IS...

get a church member that is the 'handyman', and have him file one out of a piece of tool steel

1/8" diameter or so if I remember tight ... then put a right angle bend on it as a handle, make it about 3" long overall... hobby shop-in the model airplane building supplies for the round rod...

BTDT, kids CAN be a pest.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Thanks, Shiva. I know just the guy for the job. I was hoping there was a magic key repository for old pianos, but this should do the trick. Many thanks!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Perry

Dear Pastor Perry, Probably all keyed alike. I'd suggest check with a piano shop. Or maybe web search to find the Kimball factory.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

the keys ARE available... if one has a really big-stocks all the blanks locksmith you MIGHT try someone that restores old pianos, as well... --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--