SW feature tree comment

Hi,
Is there a way to add a comment / description for parts in an assembly in the feature tree is SW 2007? I would like to add extra information
to the parts and sub assemblies in my feature tree of my assembly, without changing the original part name or description. (I do not want to use the 'add comment' feature, because using this, the comment shows up only when the cursor is sitting on that particular part or assembly)
Thanks!
Perhaps use folders to group & name sets of components?
That70sTick wrote:

Folders are ideal for this. I do know people who have a large HD partition with just files - no folders. I can't operate that way. Gouping (in the Feature Manager) seem like a logical way to organize. Of course, this won't please everyone.
gk

That's what folders do! You can group feature and components in the feature manager into folders. Select features that are next to each other in feature tree, RMB, "Add to new folder". It's mucking fagic!
TOP,
I think the original poster is aware of that. They essentially asked if there was another field that can be edited displayed there since they didn't want to mess around with the name or desc.
You can turn on display of descriptions and use that field.
TOP