Assembly Tree - Unstable behaviour

I ofter re-organise my assembly tree order.

When I move a part to a new position in the tree, other parts and assemblies (which I had contracted) expand spontaneously. this is quite annoying as it caused me to loose sight of of what I was looking at. It's very counter productive

Is this a normal behaviour or do I have a compatability issue?

Anyone else see this?

SW

Reply to
SWalker

Unfortunately, I've found this behavior to be typical.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

" snipped-for-privacy@carrollhealthcare.com" wrote in news:Xns9708DBA83E5F9SWalkercarrollhealth@216.196.97.131:

Oh, and did I mention that after contracting (un-expand) a branch then subsequently rebuilding the model, the branch magically re-expands.

I waist more time hunting than reparing. (It's the thrill of the chase then, is it?)

Sheesh that's a piss-me-off!!

SW

Reply to
SWalker

Devon

Thanks for confirming that.

It is a bother isn't it

Steve

"Devon T. Sowell" wrote in news:SAfcf.10521$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
SWalker

Have your tried this?

Just prior to rebuilding and saving, go to the very top of the FeatureTree, right click and "Collapse Items".

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

If sub items in a branch are expanded, and you collapse a top level item above it, a rebuild will re-expand it. Solidworks has chimed in on the their message board about the tree's erratic behaviour and asked for all cases that we can find that causes it. They also said they think they have all the issues fix for 2007 so I suggest looking at what's posted there and see if you have a case that wasn't mentioned and therefore they might not know about.

Reply to
Jason

I've found it faster to group components into folders and then collapse that folder. This way I can Collapse more than one component with a single click. It sounds a bit stupid to have to do this, but I've found it also makes it easier to find components if they are grouped in a logical order. This is especially useful when trying to edit mates.

Reply to
Dominic V

Did you say 2007! Don't you mean they will fix it in the nth release followed by the one after that.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Well according to them, the issues are already fixed in the development version of 2007. They also removed the behaviour where the tree sate was saved with each configuration which really compounded the problem.

Reply to
Jason

Well according to them, the issues are already fixed in the development version of 2007. They also removed the behaviour where the tree state was saved with each configuration which really compounded the problem.

Reply to
Jason