Any Neiworks users out there.

Hi,

Still coming up to speed on Neiworks v1.2 after using Msc.Nastran and I've now read so many pdf files that my eyes are going square

Is there an easy way to get a list of reaction forces?. Ideally I'd like to output them to a csv file I know that they're in the nfo file but that's a binary format so I can't just open it up with a text editor.

Can Neiworks handle a hydrostatic pressure. i.e varying with the z co- ordinate. Or is the only work around to divide up the tank wall into sections and work with average pressures.

Cheers Craig

Reply to
Craig

I can't answer directly, because I had NE Nastran along with NEiWorks. FEMAP would definitely do this. The one thing I could say if it doesn't have that ability is that you could possibly do something in excel or vb to manually add hydrostatic pressure to the nastran deck.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

That's a good suggestion - I'll look into it.

Do you know if it's possible to give the Nei Nastran Engine a directive to output in a text format such that I can do something similar to get the constraint reaction forces.

I'm about to hit the documentation again but a pointer would be appreciated.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Problem 1 Sorted - RSLTFILETYPE= FEMAPASII gave me an output file I could search through with some vba to get the reaction forces.

The hydrostatic pressure is still a bit of an issue as the version of Neiworks I have is locked to Solidworks in such a way that the Nastran engine must be executed from the Solidworks addin and the input deck is rewritten each time you call Nastran.

I may have to spring a few more dollars to upgrade from the "designer" version to the "analysis" version which allows the Nastran engine to be run outside of Solidworks.

Cheers Craig

Reply to
Craig