Colors and Textures

How can I do a complete remove color and texture from my part. I just want to click something like select all and delete surface color and textures. I've selected the entire tree and clicked appearance to remove textures and colors, but something somewhere still has something assigned to it.

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

"Keith Streich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b3a015$0$90385$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net...

There are several macro in the wild which will remove colors from all faces. This could be addepted for features.

Beside the macro approach there is another easy way to select all faces to clear the color: select the face filter (standard shortcut is x), then switch graphic display to wireframe (not hidden line, pure wireframe), then select the complete model with a huge a rubber-band box.

Now all faces are selected and you can call the color property manager page.

For the removal of textures on faces use the same trick; there are no API calls (yet) for that, I have an Api related SPR for that:

SPR 183041 - "Need API to get/set/remove SolidWorks display texture information"

To select all feature you can select the first feature in the feature manager, hold down the SHIFT key and select the last feature. Now open the color or texture property manager and click the remove button.

If there are some colors/textures left after removing it from faces and features there might be a color/texture on the bodys as well.

HTH, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Berlitz