TX3 image file format used in Pro E

i have a collection of textures (wood, marble, etc.) that i would like to be able to use in my work with pro-E.
in photoshop 5 ... can't find "*.tx3"
pro-E wildfire help, the index ... can't find "*.tx3"
did a websearch for tx3. nothing, yet.
i tried changing the extension to *.jpg, *.tif, etc. to see what would happen. so far, nothing.
how do i convert some of the texture images i've collected into *.tx3 format so i can use 'em in pro-E ?
thanks !
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Did a search on Google for .tx3
It appears to be a 3D texture file format.

You need ProPhoto-Render. If you have that ProE option... 1) Open the PhotoRender toolbar 2) Open the Image Editor tool. 3) Using the Image Editor tool; open the image file (.jpg, .tif, & etc.) you wish to convert. 4)Under "file" choose "save-as" & select either; "tx1" (ProE bumpmap); "tx3" (ProE texture) or "tx4" (ProE decal)... Don't know why there's no "tx2"... Guess it' a PTC secret.
MD
md1 wrote:

Thank you, Jack
it sounds like a 100% pro-e proprietary file format.
are there any "normal" image editing programs that "speak tx3" ? photoshop 5 doesn't.
md1 wrote:

*.tx3
etc.) you

bumpmap);
no

When I did the google seach for(.tx3 files), There was a listings to a site where they were talking about movies and games and the use of 3D texture files. They were using 3D modelers like Shake, Combustion, Maya Fusion, Chalice, After Effects, etc.....
When I did a search for (.tx3 file format) I got a bunch of listings about Pro/e files and some sites for Pro/e tips and tricks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ok there's not a bunch but there are a few.
jackK wrote:

http://www.proecentral.com/portal/forum/msgDetail.asp?msg_id 9&for_id$
jackK wrote:

in pro-e Wildfire 2.0 colour app is separate from model setup, both on the view menu.
OK, turns out it's
view color-appearance (this gets you the appearance editor)
assignment, you pick the surface you want to apply the texture to, then click OK to "un-freeze" the next menu choice.
material new
"map"
3 buttons - bump, color texture, decal
i tried "bump", the big square button, and this took me to a window named "appearance placement"
then -- texture add
* * * now * * * you get to pick an image file.
OK so i do this. it maps as a gray-scale negative of the original JPEG image.
OK so i went back to "color texture". That image mapped in color, though, strangely, flipped horizontally, like a mirror image.
"decal" works similarly to "color texture".
depending on the aspect ratio of the surface you're mapping the image to, in some cases the image is stretched, as opposed to left with the same proportion, and tiled.
in any case, good enough for now. thanks for the help !