turning nodes on and off

I have no Pro E experience, and I am trying to import .wrl files into
another application. This application doesn't support certain nodes
such as texture or background etc. Is there an easy way to turn these
on and off.
I will be relaying this info to a ProE user of an unknown experience
level.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Billy
Reply to
william.m.bowen
First, there may be no need to turn anything off as Pro/e exports very little beyond the geometry. Then, if this importing program is very sensitive to part color, do 'View>Color and Appearance' and with part selected, click 'Clear' which will remove part applied colors. Or it may be necessary to pick 'All surfaces' and hit the 'Clear' button. Then, do 'File>Save a Copy', scan down the 'Type' list to VRML>OK. Then click Setup and set Parameters and Views to None, OK, OK. This is the best Pro/e can do to strip the wrl file of extraneous information. Don't know if it qualifies as what you're calling an "easy way" but can't say it's very difficult, either.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes

Site Timeline