Read ProE in Solidworks

I works in Solidworks 2004.

How I can read ProE wildfire 2003 parts?

Danny

Reply to
Danny S.

Greg Smith

Parasolid, also.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

: "Danny S." wrote : I works in Solidworks 2004. : : How I can read ProE wildfire 2003 parts? :

Are you getting any error messages, like the part is encrypted and you need to download the decrypter from the website? Otherwise, it should be pretty easy and direct. When you do File>Open', click the arrow on the 'Files of type:' listbox. In the list, you'll see Pro/e part (with some extensions) and Pro/e assembly. I don't have SW 2004 available to try this, so I don't know if they had the translators at the time, but it seems like that's all it takes. But be warned if you've never done this before: what you get is not a feature based, parametric solid. It's a dumb solid, like an iges import. It just skips the in between step and does the translation directly.

Reply to
David Janes