mapkey for switch between layer display on and off

I'm trying to find if it's possible to make a single mapkey that would hide a layer if it's visible and show the same layer if it's hidded. Any idea ? It was possible with Proe v19 and before but now I don't know how to do.

Thanks,

GB

Reply to
g. bon

Thanks,

GB

There's no single "button" or function to toggle layer display. But, once you've selected the layer to toggle, RMB "Hide" or "Unhide" is pretty simple and quick. If unhidden, the choice defaults to Hide and vice versa, like a toggle. I don't see any value added by a mapkey. And it's not likely an old mapkey would work. They too dependent on menu structure, menu names, even screen position. So, after all the changes the program's been through in the last 5 years, including the disappearance of Menu Manager functionality, lots of old scripts fail. And, since there's no editing/debugging capability within Mapkeys, they're more often just redone.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Try the following link from Olaf Corten's website. It involves using a small config file to toggle the mapkey definition itself each time it's activated. One version would turn the layer on, the other would turn it off.

takedown

That's clever. Here's another one, but in the form of a question because I don't know the answer;-). I used to happily select the last feature in 2001 and earlier versions with mapkeys. I had one for redefining the last feature - it would go #feature #redefine #select by menu # last feature, or something like that. 2 buttons and I was back in the feature. I haven't worked out how to do this in Wildfire. Can it be done?

Reply to
graminator

I don't know the mapkey syntax, but you can record the following actions.

Edit > Find (or Ctl-F) Enter Feature in Look for field Switch to History tab Set Rule to Last Feat Click Find Now Click the >> button Click Close Edit > Definition

And you're back in the last feature. I never really used any pre-WF versions of ProE, so I'm not sure if this Last Feature is the same as what you're talking about, but this is the closes I could find.

Reply to
takedown

What would be really great is if ProE had a real programming language for mapkeys/macros (think VB). I've used both ProE and SW, and that's the one thing I really miss in ProE is being able to access any of my existing features or make new ones while simultaneously using intelligent branching based on the given feature or environment. Multi- plexed mapkeys just don't come close. I know ProE has a C++ interface available, but it's not exactly intuitive or easy to get started with.

Reply to
takedown

Hey, thanks for that, it works! (So far)

I've never used the CtrlF to find stuff up till now because it was so bloody complicated. An advantage to being new to ProE at Wildfire I suppose.

Reply to
graminator

What would be really great is if ProE had a real programming language for mapkeys/macros (think VB). I've used both ProE and SW, and that's the one thing I really miss in ProE is being able to access any of my existing features or make new ones while simultaneously using intelligent branching based on the given feature or environment. Multi- plexed mapkeys just don't come close. I know ProE has a C++ interface available, but it's not exactly intuitive or easy to get started with.

Has anyone done anything with J-link? It's supposed to be the free equivalent of VB (since you get JRE with the OS). And Pro/e's (and Ilink's) interface is going in that direction anyway, for example, the built-in File/Internet Browser is Java-based. Java is just NOT the most popular language. And the PTC's support for this language, the training on how to use J-link or Web-link, are nearly nonexistent. Rather than being a popular tool (as is VB in SW), there is still the attitude evident that the average user of J-link will be the sysadmin of a large corp. with deep pockets who will send their programmers to school to learn programming for Pro/e (even though this is not Pro/TOOLKIT programming). So, it looks Open-sourceish, on the surface, but is, at heart, typical big bucks, PTC aristocratism: the elite will get the good stuff, the masses will live on the gruel that's readily available (or go without).

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

On May 9, 11:35 am, takedown wrote: > I don't know the mapkey syntax, but you can record the following > actions. >

Hey, thanks for that, it works! (So far)

I've never used the CtrlF to find stuff up till now because it was so bloody complicated. An advantage to being new to ProE at Wildfire I suppose.

I don't really remember if they had the ^F, Find utility in 2001. If so, it was a replacement for 'Find by menu' which gave you (going back a ways) a limited selection of ways/types to select by. The current method gives you more ways to select, makes it more obvious and provides better lists. Much more flexible and capable for selection. Plus, it seems like, where ever you need to select stuff, this Find function is available and plugs the results of the find into your task's request. It's great in assemblies for replacing one part numbered component for another.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes