transfer switch between single phase and three phase

I'd like to find, or figure out a way to make, a transfer switch suitable for switching 3 sets of single phase loads between a single phase power source (utility) and a three phase power source (generator).

One way to do this would be 3 separate transfer switches, one for each of the 3 load sets. If I could find a 6-pole double-throw switch with the appropriate ratings, that would be nicer. Any other ways to do this?

Yes, I know I could do a double-delta to get single phase from a three phase generator. But I'm investigating the path of not doing that right now.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

SQLit

| |> | (first name) at ipal.net |

| |> -------------------------------------------------------------------------- | --- | | Just off the top of my coffee free brain. If the loads are 120v then you | could do it with a 4 pole switch, being that the neutral is common to all of | the loads.

Many loads are 240 volt. Some of those need the neutral for some 120 volt circuitry.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam