Selection Filter Mapkey

I'd like to create mapkeys for the selection filters I use frequently. I know, I know... it's only two clicks, but I'm a keyboard jockey that avoids using my mouse whenever possible. I've tried recording this mapkey, but there's one problem. The syntax for selecting a particular filter is completely dependent it relative order in the list of available filters. This means that depending on what feature/command is currently active, the surface filter could be either #10, #13, etc. Overloading the mapkey with commands for both #10 & #13 won't work because you'll just end up selecting whatever the last filter number is, regardless of whether it's actually the surface filter. It's times like this I wish Proe had a real macro language (J- Link doesn't count unless you have a week to devote to learning how to use and implement Java). Thanks in advance.

Reply to
takedown

I'd like to create mapkeys for the selection filters I use frequently. I know, I know... it's only two clicks, but I'm a keyboard jockey that avoids using my mouse whenever possible. I've tried recording this mapkey, but there's one problem. The syntax for selecting a particular filter is completely dependent on its relative position in the list of available filters. This means that depending on what feature/command is currently active, the surface filter could be either 10th, 13th, etc. Overloading the mapkey with commands for both #10 & #13 won't work because you'll just end up selecting whatever the last filter number is, regardless of whether it's actually the surface filter. It's times like this I wish Proe had a real macro language (J- Link doesn't count unless you have a week to devote to learning how to use and implement Java). Thanks in advance.

Reply to
takedown

I'd like to create mapkeys for the selection filters I use filter.

It's times like this I wish Proe had a real macro language (J- Link doesn't count unless you have a week to devote to learning how to use and implement Java). Thanks in advance.

¡Muy simpatico! Mapkeys was junk from day one and got junkier as time went on. It's a relic. I don't see why anyone tries to do useful work with it except that very simple things are very simple to do, like save three mouse clicks with two letters. Beyond that, you're looking for a programming language ~ VB for Solidworks users, which no one seems to mind learning and using, and, as you mention, Java for Pro/e users which everyone seems to resent highly and the elite have no time to learn. Nothing more for you, my man, till you come down off that very high horse you're riding. 'A week', are you nuts, maybe a month or six months, but who says it can't be incremental
Reply to
David Janes

snipped-for-privacy@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

ent on. It's a relic. I don't see why anyone tries to do useful work with i= t except that very simple things are very simple to do, like save three mou= se clicks with two letters. Beyond that, you're looking for a programming l= anguage ~ VB for Solidworks users, which no one seems to mind learning and = using, and, as you mention, Java for Pro/e users which everyone seems to re= sent highly and the elite have no time to learn. Nothing more for you, my m= an, till you come down off that very high horse you're riding. 'A week', ar= e you nuts, maybe a month or six months, but who says it can't be increment= al -- learn a little, use a little, learn some more, use some more, etc, et= c, the way most learning/practice ACTUALLY takes place. Hey, no instant exp= erts here. And, unfortunately, not many using Java. Sorry, maybe you really= do have to buy/borrow/read a book.

Whether mapkeys are junk is a matter of opinion. For my part I miss the ones that I can't use any more. I have a mapkey (which someone on this newsgroup recently showed me how to write) which selects the last feature in the tree. Beats the hell out of scrolling down the tree to find it.

I used to have one that would mirror the last feature about the centre datum plane. That was very useful and would save at least 7 mouse clicks. You have to remember some of us old guys can get a ratchety shoulder from too much mouse work.

Reply to
graminator

I've also tried to find how do this. I thought to try J-link but have no time.

So the only "solution" I've found was to to make several mapkey ss0, ss1, ss3... ss0 is for selecting the first option (the default one) and ss4, for example select composite surface in part mode. So now, I remember the selections I make very often. It's not easy but I found this better than nothing, especialy ss0 that "reset" the filter.

"takedown" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
g. bon

Graminator, you can still select the last feature via mapkey. Just write a mapkey that utilizes the Find function and the following steps.

Find (button or Ctl-F) History tab Last Feature selection Find button

Close button

I don't see why you can't then expand the above mapkey to make the mirror mapkey you mentioned.

G. bon, I might give something like that a try, at least to reset the filter to Smart.

Reply to
takedown