need help with WWI camo colors

Hi,

I'm building the Eduard Nieuport 17. The camo scheme I'm using calls for green and chesnut. The Tamiya colors referenced are for XF-27 (black-green) and Hull red. BOth of these color are much darker than the colors on the camo sheet, or on the boxtop. Can someone give me some guidance on just what these colors should look like.

Lee

Reply to
leeroi

Hi Lee, The main problem with early Nieuport colors is that there are no original fabric samples known to exist with the French camouflage colors. The later

5 color French camouflage colors are well documented with several original examples known to exist, such as the SPAD XIII at the NASM and the Brreguet
Reply to
Dave

I took the ambiguity as a license for a little creativity. I ended up using Testors SAC Bomber green for the green, and Tamiya red-brown lightened with buff for the brown. Looks good to me!

Lee

Reply to
leeroi