Spit Mk Vb Colors

I'm starting the Hasegawa Spitfire Mk Vb for No 303 Sq, RAF, 1942 (the "famous" RFD with the duck). I only have access to Testors and Tamiya paints and am wondering what the closest matches for colors are, specifically for the exterior paints. I don't need the real names of the colors (i.e. I don't care that it's RAF interior green)...I need the Testors or Tamiya equivalents.

The instructions list some cosmic mixes of Gunze paints...I've found some translations for some of them to Tamiya but don't know how close they are. I thought the bottom color was going to be sky blue(ish) but the mixes are all grays...is that correct? Not sure about the upper camo pattern colors either. I'm hoping there are close similarities in a single bottle so I don't have to mix...

BTW -- thanks for the suggestions on the Yak 3. I finished over the weekend and it looks fantastic...I appreciate all the help!

Merry Christmas!

Scherer

this help?:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Fantastic!! I appreciate the quick and helpful response! I really enjoyed reading the review and history...I hadn't seen this review before.

Thansk much!

Scherer

Thousands of military aircraft kit reviews here:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Interesting to me too, thanks Pat.

That particular kit is long overdue for an update.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

in article 47687d19$0$8815$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com, Scherer at snipped-for-privacy@rr.woh.com wrote on 12/18/07 9:07 PM:

P: Assuming you mean Testors enamels, they do pretty good versions in their Model Master 2 range of all three of the standard camo colors for a Spit V: Medium Sea Grey for the under surfaces; Ocean Grey and Dark Green for the upper surfaces. I'm sure they've got the same colors in their acrylic line, but I haven't used them so can't offer any opinion on how they look. IMHO, the enamel Ocean Grey is a better rendition than other brands I've seen. Also, Medium Sea Grey is very close to FS 36270, and Dark Green is very close to FS 34079, both of which are widely available. HTH. Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss