WWII RAF interior colors?

I have no reference books to check, but a Testors MM brochure lists RAF interior green as #2062. However, a bottle of MM Acryl says RAF interior green, TES 485C. Ok, I'm defused, er I mean confused. Are RAF interiors as varied as US interiors? For the moment, I need colors for Spits (up to Vb), a Lanc and a Halifax if these are different from others. I'm not a rivet counter, but I'd like them to be at least believable to satisfy the boys in the club, and I may try to squeak a something or two into our regional next spring. Michael Vinson

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Early war fighters used the British interior green; later they went to black. The Typhoon production run had it both ways, IIRC, or maybe it was the Tempest, but that seems too late. The FAA stayed with interior green right through the war for all of its aircraft, I berlieve. Don't know about RAF heavy bombers; since they flew at night for the most part, maybe the scheme was different. That's all for the cockpit; wheel wells and suchlike varied tremendously.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

You're dealing with two different paint lines here; enamel and acrylic. The numbers might vary but the color should be the same. Incidentally, the color also matches Japanese interior green. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

but a Testors MM brochure lists RAF

Reply to
Pip Moss

Yes, quite true. The most common one, usually called Bamboo, is a straight match for British grey-green. YMMV Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper