67 Chevelle

Hi Folks,
I would like to introduce myself. I been modeling for 1 year now after
taking a twenty year break. This is my latest finished model. I hope you
like it.
Peter

Peter
Hi Peter, Looks good! A couple of constructive comments - door handles need to be painted silver or foiled. (or add replacements that are molded as separate chrome pieces, as in the Monogram 55 Chevy convertible). Also the Chevy rally wheels should not be all chrome. The originals had separate trim rings (they were made of stainless steel but the chrome looks correct, with the small center cap also stainless, but the rally wheel that shows between the cap & the trim ring was painted a color called argent silver, you can hand paint this area Testors aluminum to get a close match to the original. Dave
Reply to
Dave
Thanks for the comments Dave. I'll take these on board
Thanks again
Reply to
Peter
That's an excellent job on that Chevelle. A great color, and it's always a miracle to make a metal flake color that glossy and perfect.
I'm working on the '66 Malibu, and finding that I'm having to add lots of scratchbuilt detail to it. Looks like that 7416 model could have some useful parts in it. I might by two.
David Kennesaw, GA
Reply to
jdb
Nice job! I can almost hear it coming out of my old HS parking lot and the whine of the 396. Maybe its me but the SS decals on the front fenders appear to be too big, at least as I remember them anyway. Grandpa - class of '67
Peter wrote:
Reply to
Grandpa
a twenty year break. This is my latest finished model. I hope you like it. Peter>
Looks good Peter. It brings back a lot of memories--I had both '66 and '67 Chevelle SS's back in the 70's, and both were just about the same blue you have on this one, and both had black interiors. I had rally wheels on the '66 for awhile, but mine were painted blue to match the car, with chrome centers and beauty rings. The '67 had Keystone Klassics. I miss those cars
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email
Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the constructive comments, no better way to get better in my opinion.
Cheers again
Reply to
Peter