Of 26 listed colors labeled A-Z, 11 are made using mixtures...the dreaded percentage system.

If anyone has built this kit, I'd sincerely apprecite suggestions on what the resulting mixtures looked like. I'd prefer to not mix paints, and have already consulted the IPMS reference charts for some direct conversions.

Additionally, if any builder out there can give me the difference between Revell #374 Grey, #378 Grey, and #9 Anthracite grey, or a Tamiya / Gunze equivalent--that too would be helpful.

Finally, what the heck is #731 Red, Clear? Clear red?? Oxymoron?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dingo

Annoying isn't it? I just got the Tigermeet ECR version, a bargain at it's reduced price of £15. Excellent kit, lousy paint instructions, although the main painting guide does at least include FS codes for a couple of the mixed colours. Fortunately, Revell Germany publish spec sheets giving euro standard RAL codes for their paints where applicable, so....

#374 is RAL7001 grey, equivalent to FS36375 #378 is RAL7012 basalt grey, equivalent to FS26152 #9 is RAL7021 anthracite, Xtracolor 262 should be a match. #731 is clear red, according to their chart.

Not quite what you asked for, I don't have the Tamiya or Gunze equivalents handy I'm afraid, but hopefully of some help.

flak monkey

I'll take any assistance. I'm not looking forward to 25% of this and

5% of that...but I guess some amount of invention will be required during the build.

Thank you very much for your help.

I do appreciate it.

Regards.

Dingo

Dingo wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Have you triedthe IPMS Stockholm site that references a lot of these colours?

Peter Baxter

Actually it's pretty easy if you think of the percentages as drops of paint. Get yourself an eyedropper and got to it. If you need a smaller amount of paint than 100 drops, then start with 10 drops or 50 drops - remember that the percentages are approximations anyway...

Reply to
DJ

Thanks! I'll try your technique.

Reply to
Dingo

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have. I mentioned that in my original message.

Reply to
Dingo

Looks like I missed a trick when I first replied. Anthracite grey #9 is, of course, Panzer Grey unless I'm very much mistaken.

flak monkey

Panzer Grey it is! Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
Dingo

Panzer Grey has more blue in it.

Or rather Anthracite grey has more green in it.....

Reply to
AM