Estimate subsonic Cd.

Hi!

I was wondering if there is any simple geometrical method to estimate a rockets Cd, in a similar manner as Barrowman's method for estimating a rockets CP. I realize that Cd changes with various parameters such as aoa and Re, but for low Reynold's numbers Re i gather Cd(Re) doesn't change much. I would very much like to avoid using Euler's FD equations by a FEA. Perhaps one can do FEA for different shapes and hope that Cd scales linearly and just add the parts together with a weighted sum or something. I'm implementing this in matlab and the calculation should be more or less instantaneous (as fast as Barrowman's).

Anyone has any ideas, clues or hints?

| = ) ``-:::.._,^| snipped-for-privacy@etek.chalmers.se | ____--=A8 `-----------------------------------------'=A8=A8=A8=A8=A8 | / | / `--=B4

for i=3D['IaMh';''' aa';'m tc';' lk';' ae';' br'],disp(i'),end

Reply to
Rasmus Anthin