what kind of retards?

eyeball

yes, you can sure take stupidity to the bank. those bidders must be clueless.

Reply to
someone

Barnum was definately correct!

Reply to
The Old Man

there is some doubt he actually said it, but it fit his character and is certainly true. as some cracker comedian said, you can't cure stupid.

Reply to
someone

com/Starfix-Model-Plane-Planes-LOT-of-7_W0QQitemZ180193971865QQihZ008QQcate-gor

They've got lots of Starfix kits for sale:

think I figured this out. It's Hanukkah season, and what Jewish kid wouldn't just love a model kit from Israel? Even if it's a very crappy model kit from Israel. It beats another dreidel. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

com/Starfix-Model-Plane-Planes-LOT-of-7_W0QQitemZ180193971865QQihZ008QQcate--gor

Cornering the market on crap still gives you a carload of crap!

Reply to
The Old Man

I'm still trying to figure out with a Israeli model company would market a model of a Bf-109. They could have at least made it a Avia S.199. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

The Starfix HH-3 is actually a pretty good kit, when you can find one. IIRC it's a copy of the Lindberg kit.

BTW, Chanukah ended on 12/11. I got a new laptop and typewriter (remember those?). We celebrate Christmas as well (Lynne and Justin are Jewish, I'm protestant). I'm not supposed to know about the new printer in the closet :-)

Edward, would you mind refraining from using "retard", please. As the parent of a retarded child I find it an offensive and inaccurate term. I know that you meant no offense. The people who profit from ignorance are more akin to scum, not retarded. Most retarded people that I have known would never take advantage of the ignorant the way some people on e-bay and elsewhere do.

Cheers,

Tom

Pat Flannery wrote:

com/Starfix-Model-Plane-Planes-LOT-of-7_W0QQitemZ180193971865QQihZ008QQcate-gor

Reply to
maiesm72

for you tom, sure. to me it's a self inflicted condition and not a slag at anyone. ok?

Reply to
someone

They still make those? Did you get a matching slide rule for it? :-)

I'm half Roman Catholic and half Episcopalian (C of E in the U.S.) Near as I can figure that means I'm supposed to plant a nail bomb in my own car on St. Patrick's day. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

com/Starfix-Model-Plane-Planes-LOT-of-7_W0QQitemZ180193971865QQihZ008QQcate--go

Like I said, I know that you meant no offense.

BTW, all Starfix kits have a great use and are worth every dollar spent on them. One dollar each, that is. They are great experimental bases. Wash them like any other plastic kit and try just about anything on them. I have a Starfix Spitfire fuselage that has a dozen different forms of metal paint, Rub-N-Buff and Bare Metal Foil. Another has every known OD paint on one side and different interior colors on the other. One wing is used for cyanoacrylic spots, transfered with a sharppened toothpick to the area being glued. Then there is the Starfix sprue. Ah, how to praise it's texture, it's smooth texture, it's.....

Sorry. Got a little carried away there.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I think you've just invented the aircraft model equivalent of the stripped hulk from the boneyard that gets dragged out to the firing range. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

you're right there dealing, so it's easy to get intense about it. no apology needed and happy ho ho's!

Reply to
someone

Careful, it's talk like that that got Don Imus in trouble!

Reply to
The Old Man

who's that?

Reply to
someone

Trying to get back to reality here, does anyone know anything about the history of when and where Starfix Company came from? You'd expect a company from a country that has loads of diamond cutters, watchmakers, and jewelry designers in it would turn out models of the quality of Pocher, not the Starfix stuff. (In fact, if Israel was looking for a nifty boutique industry, really top-notch small production run models might be a very good one.) I've never actually seen a Starfix kit for sale in North Dakota, BTW. People keep mentioning seeing them in grocery stores - are they sure they aren't in Kosher meat markets? :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

nope. dollar stores and craporamas. not groceries around here.

Reply to
someone

...and often get robbed for parts later.

Reply to
Rufus

mmmmmmmm. blind beer.

Reply to