first hobbly lobby score

in the midst of a sad week, i got to go to a hl during a 50% plastic sale. got the old tamy panther, the updated late panther and the mercury capsule. all for about $65. the updated panther was labeled $19.90. whoo hoo! there were only 2 shelves of kits, but lots not carried here.

I was fortunate enough to find one of Tamiya's new M1A2 kits at my local HL. Paying under $20 for a new and very nice kit is a deal.

I've been staring at the Mercury capsule everytime they have a sale. How is the kit? I fear that if I do buy it, it will go unbuilt.

Reply to
rgronovius

it isn't overwhelming.no flash, the decals are killer and the directions couldn't be clearer. it looks like an easy build if you take your time with the decals and paint. the astronaut figure is an eye popper. those guys were my heros as a teen, if i could, i would build all seven. for price and kit, go for it, you'll want to build it. i'm practicing airbrushing beacus i wan it right.

The Mercury capsule is "okay", but not great. In such a large scale, it really needs to be "super". I do, however, like the smaller scale kit as offered by "Revell-o-Gram" (boxed with the Gemini).

But, if you can get the big Mercury for half-price...then go for it. There is virtually unlimited reference material available on the internet.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Geez.... If you find one for half price, let me know and I would be more that happy to take it off your hands. The ones around in my area would be $58 on up.... Would look pretty good next to my FAO GI Joe exclusive one..

Reply to
Prof. Plastic

i'm not near a hobby lobby so i can't help. my trip was a one shot.

Man, now that's a bummer..... Oh well..

Reply to
Prof Plastic

perhaps another kin soul will help. i didn't get my half price b-29.