Newbie screw up

Hey all, I made a stupid newbie mistake.

I am currently working on the 1/48 Tamiya F-117 Nighthawk. I made the mistake of sitting down the bottom section of the body on my instruction sheet, which had a small glob of still wet cement. I was able to clean a lot of it off, but there is still some on the underside. How the best way to clean it off?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

of sitting down the bottom section of the body on my instruction sheet, which had a small glob of still wet cement. I was able to clean a lot of it off, but there is still some on the underside. How the best way to clean it off?>>

You won't "clean it off" if it's solvent-based glue. Anything that would dissolve the glue will have to be as chemically agressive as the glue itself, which means it will further attack the plastic Just let it dry, then wet sand it with 600 (or finer) and rescribe panel lines if necessary. You've just learned a valuable lesson; keep your actual work area open and clear, put paperwork off to the side, and lay a paper towel down so any glue dribbles will hit that, then lay or hang your glued up sections somewhere else to dry. Most of us have learned this lesson the same way.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

let it dry and sand it off, repair with some putty if needed

Erik Wauters, Belgium

"Chris" schreef in bericht news:R4W3d.105$ snipped-for-privacy@fe39.usenetserver.com...

Reply to
Erik Wauters

Thanks for the tips guys, looks like ill be sanding tonight.

Reply to
Chris

Don't sweat it. When you've been around a while you'll stop making newbie mistakes. You'll still do the same stupid things, but they'll be 'oldie' mistakes instead. :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I'm sure thats true.

BTW, I have really been impressed with this kit. It has went together very smoothly. In fact the only problem I have ran into so far was this glue fiasco..

Thumbs up for the Tamiya 1/48 Nighthawk...

Reply to
Chris

still do the same stupid things, but they'll be 'oldie' mistakes instead. :-) RobG>

Shhhhhh, you'll scare the poor guy, that's supposed to be a secret!