Question about the FE registration/Screw-up (HELP!!)

I made a really really stupid mistake today. I registered for ELSES without fully paying attention to the instructions, and I registered
before receiving/applying for an approval from the state. I applied, and requested for the FE examination and of course paid the $145. However only after I did this, did I go through and read the instructions one more time to realize that I should have gone through the board approval process first. I went back to my ELSES profile and requested to cancel my examination, and it now says that my cancellation is pending.
Today is Friday, and I of course cannot get a hold of anybody about this until monday. But I am really worried now because the website states "If you fail to follow the necessary procedures with your state board and register with ELSES without approval, you will forfeit your exam fee and you will not be allowed to take the examination."
Does anybody know what will happen and what I can do? Can I fix this stupid mistake by calling them on monday?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just curious --- were you able to sort this out?
--
MRDPE

http://TheProfessionalEngineer.com