RMS'ers occupations

You mean before I retired, I guess. I was a physicist, and worked in advanced avionics R&D. Was really more of an engineer than scientist. Got to work at North American, then McDonnell, soon to become McDonnell Douglas, then moved to Honeywell where I retired later. Of course, McDD finally was bought out by Boeing.

It was really neat be>

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Androids get all the fun!! :-P

Jimi

Reply to
James Tubman

Disco--FlyNavy wrote: We did the thing about our ages awhile back, just curious about occupations.

Sixteen years in the Strategic Air Command (parent of the Air Force) practicing to drop nucs on various places. After the Cold War, was too old to do the real stuff, so I took an early out with bonus. Now I'm a manager at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. It's just like being in SAC.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sasak

Retired after 27 years in the US Navy; CWO Aviation Ordnance. (lots of flight deck time) Current Occupation: Security Officer with Diplomatic Security, US State Department. (lots of trigger time)

occupations.

Reply to
Richard Goldsberry

A lawyer/chemist!!! Sounds as if it's the psychological profile of a Mad Bomber! :-)

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

the u.s does that to some people also.

Reply to
uff

Allen Epps wrote in news:270820042100268452% snipped-for-privacy@deleteme.comcast.net:

I've been looking at that for a while but having done work for several of Uncles children some civil and some not I would prefer to eat ground glass. I wouldn't get through the internecine whining in a multi agency meeting without shooting someone. The last "commission" I worked at wouldn't do data intercahnge within its own structure for reasons of turf, ego and stupidity.

I do not envy anyone who chooses to wrestle that particular python.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"James Tubman" wrote in news:MZ0Yc.52048$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

It's his sister dammit! They have the same last name.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Yes.

Reply to
Mark Levine

in article snipped-for-privacy@somewhen.com, Mad-Modeller at snipped-for-privacy@somewhen.com wrote on 8/27/04 9:50 PM:

It's just glorified ditch-digging in good company. Pays almost as well as teaching grade sclool.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

I believe you - thousands wouldnt. :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

I've spent the past 3 years self employed, making and supplying new parts for classic Triumph cars. Before that I spent 14 years in electronic engineering, latterly developing test systems for 2G/3G mobile telecomms systems. Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies

Wow, shame you are in the UK, as I have a friend who shows his 63 TR 3 and has won several times with it. (I got to do touch up painting in the engine compartment before one of the wins :) His TR 6 is still all original, he is waiting on restoring it. (he has fairly well equipped shop in his house)

Nice WebPages !!

Reply to
AM

I build 1:1 cars by day, little plastic airplanes at night.

14 years at Honda of America Mfg. currently building Accords and Acura TL's.

Mark M

Reply to
Mark M

Well, if you have an accident, you can always sue yourself :+) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

hwo many times has he replaced the prince of darkness electrics? on my tr6r bike, the ignition got dumped for a boyer strat off.and the regulator went to.

Reply to
uff

Yeah but you can't carry a shovel in grade school. Too much temptation to use it. :Þ

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Beware of electrical shorts. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You also don't contract nearly as many respiratory diseases from cunning little vectors as you would teaching in grade school.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Where to start... nothing as exciting as most of you guys, but 10 years running a service station (gas station to you USians) - eveyone should try that, it gives you a whole new perspective on the human race. :-) Done construction - scaffolding and crane; plant operator; wharfie; truck parts interpreter (BOOOORING! and the boss was an a-hole) and lots of other bits and pieces. Currently an Effet Operator in a sugar mill. Sweet work if you can get it!

RobG

occupations.

Reply to
Rob Grinberg