RMS'ers occupations

Which reminds me, Mr. Disco. Did my message get through? I emailed you last week about those P-38s and used the 'timetraveler' address.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

got any contacts for free happy meal toys for my kids?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

After 17 years as a material handler with JL Clark Mfg. I was dumped out the door when I injured my shoulder. Saves them a lot of excess pay and benefits when they excise the oldsters. I've been working temp jobs since and caring for my mother. She doesn't seem to have Alzheimer's but she sure has a certain amount of senility. She can get along independently but she has no idea about finances, house and grounds maintenance, etc.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Damn! All this time we've been circling Uranus looking for those Kling-ons!

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I worked in retail for about 21 years, but quit my job in April of this year. I'm currently unemployed, but making the best of it by spending lots of time with my hobby. I've seen some impressive careers posted here. I hope to find something again I'll enjoy doing enough to last until retirement (I'm 39).

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

get some grants and go to school?

Reply to
uff

they're hiding in the trojan points around the assteroids.

Reply to
uff

"Craig" wrote

To hell with Happy Meals, get contest game pieces. . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

when I first worked at McD's 26 or so years ago I took bags of those game pieces home. Never found any money tix, but had lots of free lunches.

Reply to
Craig

I'm a Systems Engineer with Raytheon working on satellite ground control systems. Formerly a Software Engineer in the telecom, medical, aerospace/defense, and commercial software fields. Also currently the Astronautics Curator and FB-111A Crew Chief at the Wings Over The Rockies Air and Space Museum in Denver. I also teach a class or two at Webster University's Denver campus in their Space Systems Operations Management graduate program. I'm tempted to steer my paying career back into Aviation, but as we say in the Space Business, "Airplanes are sooooo 20th Century".

;^)

Martin

Reply to
Martin

occupations.

ex-- AX, Electrical Eng., Mechanical Eng. Still do some CAD for local Harley fuelly cylinder manufacturer and repair shop

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Reply to
Steve Jahn

yes, its a pain as the sound when working is good quality.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Im a bum, useless piece of crap, well thats what i am according to the Disability laws of the UK.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Sounds familiar - only reason I'm working is that my wife is able to stay with my mother in law, so I could move and *find* work (tech support.) Otherwise, I'd have to care for her 24/7 - her MS isn't bad now, but she tends to have seizures, and needs help with quite a bit.

Oh, yeah, and I can't stay home and get paid to take care of her as my job, thus making enough to barely eke by. To do that we need to divorce. Makes lots of sense...

Reply to
EGMcCann

For 20 years I've been writing personal finance and self help books, along with my business partner, a well known NYC attorney. If I'm lucky next year I'll finally get to write a military history.

Mark Levine

Reply to
Mark Levine

Stephen Pollan? 'Lifescripts', 'Live Rich and Die Broke', 'Second Acts'? You're *that* Mark Levine?!?!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I work with plastic during the day as well as (mostly not) work with plastic in the off hours. A factory worker making pop bottles (alas, polyethylene), occasionally go to the Proctor & Gamble lines (HDPE). If you use any P&G detergent jugs, they've come from our factory.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

Semi-retired after 25 years as a technician, quality engineer and manufacturing engineer in defense/aerospace with a 5 year stint in biomedical instruments. Now I remodel the house, do research related to the hobby and take care of my wife.

Reply to
Ron
29 years as a development engineer on gas turbine and rocket engines.

Strangely, modelers in my company seem to be more interested in model trains than airplane, rocket or (my preference) car models.

Remove "spamkill" from my e-mail address to reply.

Reply to
JRSJLS