Ah, cool air on the way...

The weather folks say that cooler air should be arriving soon. It's about time. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't get a chance to fly this year until it became too cold to enjoy flying. I sure wish I had held onto that ancient, but functional, 79 Dodge motorhome that I owned about ten years ago. It had its own propane heater, a full kitchen with refrigerator and a small black and white television. Yes, it burned a lot of gasoline, but the two RV batteries on board could run everything necessary for a full day's worth of flying. Me, I sold it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It wasn't worth much of anything anyway. What a great flying vehicle it made.

Just think, a warm spot to retreat into while winter flying. No lavatory, though. That was why I sold it.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Lucky you: its been windy and wet all year here. Now its turning a bit quieter, but theres no daylight left. Grr. Back to the drawing board instead..I never thought I would create a model that took three sheets of 3x1 ply JUST for the fuselage formers!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You might need petrol to fly it. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Nah..Ive got a belt drive and an Astro 15 that might just get it up, or an Astro 40 if it needs it. Will be able to have a 60-90 4 stroke slotted in as most people seem to like that for 'big and slow'..

Expecting it to be in the 5-10lb area. 8 ft span.

A senior telemaster style plane done to look good, and laser cut to the hilt..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

-------------

I didn't know that you were a fan of larger models, TNP.

Yeah, whenever one complains about the weather, there is always someone else who has had it much worse. Your turn is coming.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I just took a fancy to this one. Got no real size prefernces at all. Ive got little 30" span iar dancers, and a lot on te 40-50" range, and decided that 96" was a challenge..

Well cross them fingers Ed. I am about to go outr into the sunshine and light winds, and maiden a scale plane thats been a couple of years in the making.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hey Ed, RV's have never been cheaper than right now. People can't hardly give 'em away. Go get another one! ;-)

Reply to
Jim

Now that you mention it, I'm looking again. I'm not hard to please. Even if I was rich I wouldn't be hard to please. No gold plated bathroom fixtures for the wife and I. As long a something looks presentable and functions, I'm happy with it.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger