New Spektrum AR500 Full Range Reeiver

Has anyone in this newsgroup used the new Spektrum AR500 full range receiver yet? I have tested the "QuickConnect with Brownout Detection" feature and it appears that my receiver does not have this capability. I tested it by switching off the receiver power and the restoring power without turning off my 12X transmitter. It takes several seconds to recover instead of the advertised 40 ms. Using the same test procedure with two AR6100 receivers (SW Version 1.6) I get a reconnect in less than a second. The AR500 does report a power interruption via the blinking LED.

Reply to
Horace Hagen

Got one coming with a 5ch Transmitter in a few days..... I'll let you know.

Reply to
TT_Man

flew my DX5E this date did well

on an MS Composit Citabria trainer...

Reply to
sfrank69

Not tested yet( just got it) , but it does say in the manual that if your Tx is too close to the Rx, it can swamp everything and take several seconds to re-connect.....

Reply to
TT_Man