Super Tigre Bluehead G60 Muffler

Does anyone know wherw I can find a muffler for an older but never run Super Tigre G60 Bluehead?

Charles

Reply to
charles hampton

I'm not familar with that exact engine. Does it have a bolt on header then a muffler like newer STs? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

No,I don't think so. I have never seen a muffler for this engine. It looks like it originally came with an exhaust baffle but also has holes for a bolt on muffler. The center of the exhaust port is tapped for a bolt for the baffle but the throttle linkage doesn't look like it could connect to a baffle. Maybe later productions did not come with a baffle.

Reply to
charles hampton

There was a Super Tigre muffler made for this engine, but it was a separately purchased accessory; it did not come with the engine. That is why they are difficult to find. It was a venturi type muffler and was more of an exhaust deflector than it was a muffler. Most guys flying pattern back then used third party mufflers for these engines.

Reply to
Tom Minger

Keep on searching, Charles!

I bought a couple of really neat little NIB vintage Super Tigres without mufflers and had a heck of a time finding them. As long as you're not in a hurry, you'll track one down, eventually.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Reply to