Super Tigre .34 muffler

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has an old ST .34 muffler hanging around that they'd like to liquidate, I'm looking for one.

I have the stack; just need the swing-type muffler, old or new style (preferably old style). Tower wants half the price of a new engine for the muffler. I have three G-34s and two mufflers. For Tower's price, I'll just keep switching mufflers. :-)

Hopefully, I'll find a cheap one somewhere.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Keep looking, Bob. You'll find one eventually.

I scour the eBay used engines listings for parts engines for the same reason. I think I may have finally caught up with a factory muffler for my G20/15. I've been looking for many years.

In the interim, I've been using a Tatone strap-on, which works beautifully. It's just that I am a perfectionist and I want the right damned muffler for the engine - if you know what I mean.

I have two NIB .34s that I hope to break-in when it warms up a bit. I've always liked the .34 ST's.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

The G34 I need the muffler for was an eBay bargain (no muffler!). I have found a couple of older ST mufflers on eBay, or bought complete junk ST engines with the muffler for less than the price of a muffler....

I was always leery of the strap-on muffler (maybe it's the name!). I bought one for the G34 and it works very well. As a matter of fact, I believe I recorded a higher peak RPM with the strap-on Pitts style muffler than with the original.

I just broke out my two NIB G34 Helis. I was saving them, like fine wine.... :-) I finally realized I wasn't getting much enjoyment from them sitting on the shelf. I just put them in a Hobbico TwinStar. She oughta really haul a**. I'll know in the Spring.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob