Mufflers for Super Tigre .25

With these little buggers going for ridiculous prices, it seems that someone would manufacture a small run of them.... (I wish they would. I have a couple of .25s that could use stock mufflers)

See eBay item #330028802572, current bid at $46.00!!

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

---------------

Mufflers for ST G20/15 - 23 are rare as hen's teeth. Ditto Fox Eagle .60 baffle piston engines.

I have wondered why someone with a free CNC machine (not busy) hasn't ripped out 500 of each style. Surely they would sell quickly at a good price.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Sparky

We think alike, Ed. My post's first line was originally "With these hen's teeth going for ridiculous prices...." but I thought it might not be a popular metaphor these days and changed it.

Just a simple adaptor to enable a popular and available muffler to fit would be good enough. Seems like someone with the above-mentioned equipment could do it easily?

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Yours is an even better idea. Rip out an adapter for using the Tower .46 and .61-.75 mufflers for the larger engines and an ASP or Magnum muffler for the smaller engines.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Sparky

OK... the planning stage is complete. Now, who's going to do the machine work? Come on guys, there's a few bucks to be made and a great service provided to those in need....

I'll purchase the first two!

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

I might be crazy enough to take a crack at it if somebody has the necessary bolt and flange dimensions,

got the machinery to do the job, and if it's not TOO complex a part, I could probably get it programmed and whack something out of aluminum.

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

I'll get you those numbers, Bob.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Jeeez! With that kind of price for just a muffler, why not buy a new ST .34 for only $69.99 from Tower?

Jim Slaughter

I have three of those little monsters; two Helis and an Aero. But the .34 is larger than the .25 and more akin, performance-wise, to a .40.

I have two new, unused .25s; one Serie X and one L (?) and both need mufflers. I modified an exhaust stack from a .34 so I can use a .34 muffler, but it's way big.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Anyone wanting to buy two of these mufflers and the engines attached almost new please contact me. I'll even run an auction if you prefer. Thanks, Mike R.

Reply to
Michael Richardson