Small low-cost embedded board for a model airplane

Hello,
For a real-time signal monitoring and logging application, I am loking
a small, low power and light weight microcontroller board. This board
will be carried on a remotely piloted model airplane. As the airplane
flies it will collect data from various sensors and save them to a SD
memory card as well as it will send selected data to the ground for
data logging and monitoring.
Can you recommend any embedded board which can satisfy the following
requirements?
THX,
Albert Goodwill
AlbertGoodwill @ yahoo . com
Requirements
============
* ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)
13 channel (simultaneous sample hold is desirable)
16 bits resolution
it will be used to capture 1000 samples/ second
* I2C interface
*
SPI interface
* 4 X UART
*
Free (or low-cost) C compiler and SW development environment
Following are the sensors to be connected to the embedded board
Sensors with analog outputs
* 3 axis accelerometers (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs)
*
3 axis gyros (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs)
* 3 axis magnetosensors (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs)
*
2 pressure sensors (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs)
* 2 current sensor (0-500mv outputs)
RMP Sensor
*
0-10000 RMP sensor with 1 logic pulse per rotation
Fuel Consumption sensor
* 1 logic pulse per xx milliliter fuel flow
Sensors with I2C iterface
*
10 temperature sensors with I2C
Other Sensors
* GPS receiver (accepting DGPS correction) with RS232 interface
Reply to
albertgoodwill
Albert-
Could one of the products from this outfit meet your needs?
Abel
Reply to
Abel Pranger
Just buy one from Eagle Tree Systems. They're pretty cheap.
Reply to
Jim Slaughter
| Just buy one from Eagle Tree Systems. They're pretty cheap.
I'm not sure that the Eagle Tree stuff quite matches *all* of his requirements, but it comes closer than anything else I'm aware of.
Once you throw in the GPS module and such, it's approaching $500, which I wouldn't call pretty cheap, though it's probably a whole lot cheaper than if he were to get gear to do this that was aimed a the UAV crowd rather than the R/C crowd.
Reply to
Doug McLaren
I've tried some of this but not anything like so extensive. I sugges
look up Z-world.com on Google(they also show up under Rabbit..). They mak microprocessors with experimenter boards and so on. Their system come with their version of C which you can program in. Everything i downloaded from your P/C. Cost to get going is Just buy one from Eagle Tree Systems. They're pretty cheap.
this thread:
Tony Loomis