Small low-cost embedded board for a model airplane

Hello,
For a real-time signal monitoring and logging application, I am loking a small, low power and light weight microcontroller board. This board
will be carried on a remotely piloted model airplane. As the airplane flies it will collect data from various sensors and save them to a SD memory card as well as it will send selected data to the ground for data logging and monitoring.
Can you recommend any embedded board which can satisfy the following requirements?
THX,
Albert Goodwill AlbertGoodwill @ yahoo . com
Requirements ===========* ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) 13 channel (simultaneous sample hold is desirable) 16 bits resolution it will be used to capture 1000 samples/ second
* I2C interface * SPI interface * 4 X UART * Free (or low-cost) C compiler and SW development environment
Following are the sensors to be connected to the embedded board Sensors with analog outputs * 3 axis accelerometers (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs) * 3 axis gyros (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs) * 3 axis magnetosensors (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs) * 2 pressure sensors (0-5v or 0-3.3v analog outputs) * 2 current sensor (0-500mv outputs)
RMP Sensor * 0-10000 RMP sensor with 1 logic pulse per rotation
Fuel Consumption sensor * 1 logic pulse per xx milliliter fuel flow
Sensors with I2C iterface * 10 temperature sensors with I2C
Other Sensors * GPS receiver (accepting DGPS correction) with RS232 interface
Albert Goodwill wrote:

For the compiler and development environment, I suggest MPLAB.
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId 06&dDocName=en019469&part=SW007002
or http://tinyurl.com/45d9t
I think that one of the PIC Microcontrollers such be suitable. I usually use a PIC16F684. It has the ADC capabilities but not the required number of I/O ports. Some of the larger microcontrollers no doubt will. Specs for all the PIC mcrocontrollers can be found on the Microchip website.
As for the board, you will probably have to build that yourself. Sounds like a very interesting project!
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.