Looking for Ebay thief

Any one have any info on Mike mccary from Dallas, Texas. Goes by "wthobbys" on ebay. If he has any thing on ebay stay away from this guy.

Reply to
Steve Jahn

You must mean Mike McCrary, owner of Wings and Things. I've known him for quite a while and always found him to be very honest.

Got any details of the problem(s) you had with him?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I have had a recent problem with this guy. Bought decals, paid by credit card, he claimed to have sent them, never arrived, he then said he would make amends, but now has all but disappeared and doesn't answer emails.

What is interesting is that he has "elected to make his Feedback Profile private so comments are not available for public viewing". Gee, wonder why that is the case, given that he has received a total of 53 neutral and negative comments in the past six months.

I do know that he has recently g> Any one have any info on Mike mccary from Dallas, Texas. Goes by "wthobbys"

Reply to
James Tambour

I've ordered from him in the past, and he is a very slow shipper. He is certainly in over his head as an Ebay seller. I paid him a month ago via Paypal for my last purchase. It has not arrived yet, and he will not answer e-mails. I've filed a complaint with Paypal this time, and I doubt that I'll ever see the kit I won.

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

I've had problems with this eBay retailer also. I won two Detail & Scale books from him and Paypal-ed the same day... The books didn't arrive for over a month. I phoned and emailed him several times and only got back canned email responses stating his shipping schedule was backed up. He never returned my calls. For the week I left feedback, he had like eight or so negatives and several neutrals... I would avoid his auctions at this point simply because of the fear he will soon dissappear from eBay and any incomplete auctions will most likely be ignored.

That's my opionion, yours may vary!

Marv Mays webmaster (AT) scalejets (DOT) net

Marv Mays

in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Steve Jahn at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 07/22/03 12:57 AM:

I've known Mike McCrary for many years and think he's pretty honest. Never dealt with him via ebay but that shouldn't matter. He has been a vendor at several of our shows and has a good rep.

MBell

Reply to
Milton Bell

Reply to
Steve Jahn

Reply to
Steve Jahn

I'm guessing that posting his phone number to thousands of people (with or without a legit beef) probably had an impact. ;-) Good luck to those that are owed.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I've only had one dealing with him on ebay in 2001. I won an auction for a decal sheet. He left me neutral feedback saying I never paid. I sent numerous emails to resolve the issue but none were ever returned. I wrote him off to doing too much ebay business and not being able to handle the volume. The only non positive rating I received on ebay in over 40 transactions. Rich

Reply to
Richard Bernecki

without a legit

I'm not sure that posting someone's [persoanl info, such as phone number, is an entirely legal thing to do. As memory serves, it could be chalked up as harassment. FYI. YMMV.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Yeah, but I wonder if he isn't just buying time. He has told me the same thing before ("will send it out asap"). Items never showed, but I trusted him to complete the transaction. Left it too long and missed my opportunity to leave appropriate feedback.

Here is to h> Just got off the phone with mike. Said he had some personal problems.

Reply to
TOM

without a legit

Reply to
Pauli G

I don't know about any harassment issues but posting it on public domain with the epitaph "Thief" could certainly be viewed as libellous and leave you open to litigation. You cannot publicly call anyone a thief unless a conviction to that effect has been made in a court of law.

Reply to
Umineko

eBay feedback is a good reflection of someone's business ethics. I would not do business with some who has that much negative feedback regardless of this thread.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stanton

without a legit

Those who take peoples money and do not ship the items after months need to be motivated to take care of business - period. If posting their name, address, and phone number does it then post it. Sorry but there should be little sympathy to those who are dishonest and knowingly mislead people by telling them "I will ship your items ASAP" and then do not ship them regardless of their personal problems.

That's just the way it is.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stanton

No one is going to take anyone to court over a posting like that. The person who started this thread obviously felt strongly about not getting what he ordered and PAID FOR. This assumes of course he did pay for them but no one has questioned that yet. Perhaps it would have been better to title the thread as any one of the following:

Beware of dishonest ebayer eBay Caution - Do Not Bid with wthobbys My experience with a crook

No one should be dragged through the mud if they are innocent but many times we tend to be too lenient with people who knowingly take advantage

I wish every business had a feedback system similar to eBay. It would allow me to choose what restaurants I eat at, where I get the oil in my car changed, and what dentist I use. Feedback is there for a reason, a good one, it keeps sellers in line. The number of negatives this guy has is inexcusable. If you can't fulfill an order, contact the buyers and tell them your life is upside down and SEND THE MONEY BACK. Sure some guys would get mad because they didn't get their item but 95% would understand. By ignoring your buyers and making your feedback private you acknowledge you are shady at the least. Show a little decency at least.

Don't get on the original poster for starting this. In a way he has done everyone a service by telling his story.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stanton

The trend isn't good either:

Overall average: 1% negative Past 6 months: 5% negative Past month: 17% negative Past 7 days: 63% negative (10 out of 16)

He's made his feedback private.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Um, it keeps buyers in line too. I don't hesitate to give negative feedback to deadbeat bidders, and I wait 90 days to do it - gives them plenty of time to pay and leaves them little time to post retaliatory feedback.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

'Tain't robbery if she gave it to you. Might be robbery if she was under the influence of something you gave her. Anything else carries a different title.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak