Super Tiger 90/91 (2S).Which plane??

I have this engine without anything to put it on. I don't like scale stuff or boxy stuff. I like the sleek stylish stuff....Rite now the account is $225. Can anyone suggest a plane where the 90 (2S) would be the top end of power. If the engine would fit I'd even put it on a 60 size ship.

Any ideas? Thanx

Reply to
TX_QBALL

What type of flying would you like to do with it? There are plenty of older pattern-type planes available that would take our engine.

Will you build a kit or do you want an ARF?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I didn't think to put that info in the post.I wish I knew what kinda flying I enjoy. Been flying since 82,been thru all the different stuff. I've stuck with the sport stuff for the past four years. Mainly fast stuff,Vipers,Patriots,F-20's.I'm finding that I enjoy slowing down lately so the all out speed is not that important.

It's really funny but I've hated Cubs since I first got started years ago. Ugly plane,too slow and boring,just didn't like them at all.Then a month ago at the field I look around and a guy is stuffing a 1/4 scale Cub in my SUV. He said he never wanted to see it again. Didn't have any projects going at the time so did the repairs,put an old 61 4S on it and hey,I found that they ain't so bad after all.In fact,I'm really enjoying it and it's the plane I've been loading up and taking to the field ever since.

I'd say Sport flying in general with a little punch of speed and a nice slow landing. I think a pattern ship would fit the bill pretty close.They don't land like the Spacewalker and slow stuff but I can get used to it. So,pattern would get my attention.

ARF vs Kit: Either one.The problem with that is the garage is fixed up nice for my shop but no A/C.It's just too hot here in Texas to do anything with a long drug out kit.But winter is on the way and a kit would be ok. I'd say either would work for me.I'll go for the ARF also.

I've looked at the Bridi Killer Kaos, 4* 60,but a 90 2S is above the power line and don't want to make a ton of mods to get it to fit in.I usually build by the instructions and plans and don't veer to far off. Don't like to sheet foam stuff.Prefer a built up wing.

Rite now the hangar includes: Viper with Jet 50,Edge with 70 4S,Cub with

61 4S, Patriot with MVVS 49 (FOR SALE),LT 40 with Webra 50,Spacewalker with 46 Pro.

If you can decypher this stuff... I appreciate the response Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Although you won't be as fast as the Jett equipped planes, how about the Patriot XL?

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

That gives me something to work with. If I had my larger Ballistick ready, I would suggest that. The standard one is a handfull (in a GOOD way) with a YS .91AC so the ST .90 might be a close fit.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Any ideas? Thanx ============================= I don't know about Super Tiger, but in Magnum and OS, the 61 and 91 two strokes have exactly the same mounting footprint and are almost exactly the same size in every other dimension. If ST is the same, your 91 will "fit" pretty much any 60 size plane. One plane you might like is the Great Planes Shoestring Racer. It is a scale model but it is sleek looking. And, it is $199.99 at Tower. There are two in our club. One has a 61 two stroke and the other has a Saito 100. Both guys love the plane.

Reply to
Carrell

IMHO a .90is too much for a killer chaos. I've got a .90 Magnum XL with no home. I was thinking a 60 size arf bipe or something I could fly a Big Birds fly-ins with standard servos in it. Cub might work. At the moment I'm covering GP Super Skybolt that I have an MVVS 90 to go into it. Seems like there was a $250+ arf bipe somewhere, Quantum maybe.. Just rambling.. mk

Reply to
MK

Ballistick??? What is that and who makes it? Thanx

Reply to
TX_QBALL

I have a Patriot for sale on Torque Roll.Built from the kit with the MVVS 49 in it,if you know anyone that mite be interested. Thanx

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Tell ya' something I'm wondering about.A little off topic but oh,well.... As much as I've hated Cubs of anykind in the past,I'm really having a good time with this one that a guy gave me. It's the Great Planes 40/46

2S size and I've got the Magnum 61 4S in it.The engine is driving me nuts and not reliable.....I've done crazy stuff before just to see what happens.Wonder if this 91 would do rite? I'm asking this because I had to add a bunch of weight up front when I put this 61 in it.A heavier engine of this size would mean "no lead".If I have to ad weight up front why not make it a bigger engine instead of a ton of dead weight. Am I crazy or does this sound a little feasible??? While I'm on Cubs,there was four at the field this evening from a 12 foot span to a 30 something inch span.These things will fly slower than a Kadet Senior. Sorry for the off topic. I'll shut up.
Reply to
TX_QBALL

Send me an email and I'll tell you what I can do for you.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

We called it an extreme stick. It was designed from the ground up to be able to fully utilize the power of the YS .91. I am going through a complete redesign of the kit to make it stoopidly simple to build. The original kit had some quirks but we only sold it as an ARF. I have some pictures of the original design if you are interested.

Ask Herb Winston about his.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Ballisticks?

Bought 2 of them from Paul a few years ago. Simple box type stik fuse, balsa sheeted foam wings, tail draggers. First one powered by a Webra Speed .50. Great performer, no bad habits, unlimited vertical etc. Second one powered by a YS 91, & it's a hot rod with more potential than I'm capable of exercising.

I can't wait until Paul releases the next version(s), especially for larger power plants.

Regards.

Reply to
Herb Winston

Paul,

Tell me what's cookin'!

Best regards,

Reply to
Herb Winston

I don't know the weight of theMagnum 61 4S, but the ST 91 doesn't weigh any more than the ST 61. You might not be gaining anything there. ST builds the

61, 75, and 91 on the same crankcase. They all weigh within 1 oz. of each other. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Reply to
Dr1Driver

Your hanger is crying for a bipe. How about a Balsa USA Phaeton? The large one would work well on a 90.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

I would like to see pictures of this plane. I have a soft spot for stick designs as my second plane ever was a beloved Ugly Stick.

Richard

Reply to
RJM3

Herb,

I will try to dig out the pictures of the ARF model and post them on my web site along with some ideas for the larger ones.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Global makes a .90 sized version of the old Kraft Kwik Fly. The original was smaller and the Global version sized a bit large for even a modern .60. You can equip it with flaps for slow landings. This has a constant choard wing and predated the Kaos by almost a decade.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot