$230/Which 90 size engine??

I'm shopping around for a new 90 size engine.Two stroke or four stroke.

I switch back and forth from "speed to sport" flying so I'm leaning towards the two stroke.Four strokes are just slow.Torquey but slow as far as speed goes. When looking at four strokes I did look at OS and Saito 90's..I'm thinking the Saito is a little better engine than OS for ten dollars difference.I'm sure there's pros and cons on that statement.Just my personal opinion.I've never had a Saito.Have one OS 70

4S that's really been a nice engine.

What would I do in the 2 stroke selection.Heard horror stories for the Magnum line.Heard your lucky to get a good one. So what does that leave.???

What would you do for $230..That's kinda my limit on an engine...Just don't know what to look at.....

Thanx Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL

I switch back and forth from "speed to sport" flying so I'm leaning towards the two stroke.Four strokes are just slow.Torquey but slow as far as speed goes. When looking at four strokes I did look at OS and Saito 90's..I'm thinking the Saito is a little better engine than OS for ten dollars difference.I'm sure there's pros and cons on that statement.Just my personal opinion.I've never had a Saito.Have one OS 70

4S that's really been a nice engine.

What would I do in the 2 stroke selection.Heard horror stories for the Magnum line.Heard your lucky to get a good one. So what does that leave.???

What would you do for $230..That's kinda my limit on an engine...Just don't know what to look at.....

Thanx Walt ============================

If you can raise the budget a little, Quantum

sells the Webra Speed 91 two stroke for 249.99

Or, the OS-91 FX is 199.99 at Tower.

One of the experienced plots in our club put a Magnum 91 two stroke on an Excite 90. The fuel tank location designed into the ARF was too high for the inverted engine and he had terrible problems making it run. He crashed the plane and had to rebuild the nose. He changed the tank height and it runs great. Paul is a long term OS man but says he'd buy another Magnum in a minute. In two strokes, he says be sure it is an XLS and not an XL and you'll be fine. The XLS 91 is 129.99 at

Carrell

I forgot to mention that the first plane it will go in is a Skyshark Fantasy. I was strongly looking at the Magnums trying to disregard the negs.But $129 for a 90 size seems awfully cheap.That's not meaning that the price dictates the quality,but gotta think about it.I'm really looking at the

2 stroke.It will be more versatile being that I switch types of flying quiet often. Thanx
Reply to
TX_QBALL

No engines are more versatile than good four strokes! You can run big huge props on them for very efficient flight or pump the nitro to them and rip through the sky.

For that kind of money I would look for a good used 1.20 four stroke. Or a good used YS .91.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh