Fuel

Is fuel for 2 strokes different to that needed for 4 stroke engines?

Reply to
TT_Man

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 20:47:50 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "TT_Man" instead replied:

Same basic components but mixed differently. Simple answer? Yes.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Theoretically yes, but most four strokes will run fine on two stroke fuel. Most people don't bother.

Reply to
The Raven

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:10:55 +1000, "The Raven" wrote in :

I'm one of those who doesn't bother.

I use some kind of synthetic fuel in all my engines. It's green.

15% nitro. Both two strokes and four strokes seem to do OK on it, except for YS engines and the OS supercharged.

The price you pay for using castor oil in either kind of engine is that you have to periodically remove the "varnish" that builds up over time. The great benefit of castor is that it will give you MUCH more protection against lean runs, which can destroy an engine in a very short time.

You pays your money and makes your choice. :o)

I had a small Magnum (.15) that probably should have been run on castor blend from day one. I think I cooked it, not enough to melt anything but it just never ran nicely after the first day at the field. I eventually traded in with RJL for something else (I think I got $20 for it).

Regular OS engines, Thunder Tiger, GMS, and Saito all do well on the green 15%. Or well enough for my purposes, such as they are.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ