Slowest flying backyard electric plane? With turning ability?

Sorry if this is not the correct forum.

I was a veteran flyer of glow engines 25-91 2 and 4 stroke about 5 years ago. Sold all my stuff because mile square park closed down. In any case, I have moved out to riverside. I now have a large backyard and was interested in getting an electric very slow flyer for backyard use. I am pretty rusty I just found out trying to fly a hobbyzone freedom flyer with a vtail. I never flew a vtail before but those things do not turn. Maybe I am use to ailerons. Who knows. The lighter the better.

Was maybe thinking of the hobby lobby wingo or maybe cob webb II? Whatever I get has to have good turning ability.

I would prefer an RTF or ARF as I just dont have the time anymore to build with a 3 week old and 3 year old. If I have to and the plane meets the slow flying backyard ability I will build as a kit if I have to.

Anyway, Thanks guys/gals for any responses.

Reply to
nawt2smart

Oh yeah, forgot to say. Any other planes I should be looking at? Which of the two do you think would be better? Most times in the backyard there is not any wind.

Thank you!

Reply to
nawt2smart

How much space have you got to fly OVER and to land on?

I fly a multitude of stuff OVER 10 acres, and land on a patch about 20 meters square, if that. I have up to 60" span flying on that..

True really slow stuff is very vulnerable to wind, but things like IFO's can be flown out of a garden on calmer days.

Bet starting point is probably a slow stik, which is reasonably slow - lands about 10mph - and capable of 25mph in air..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

refer to the Slow stick series under GWS forums:

Alan T Alan's Hobby Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

If you want something that can turn on a dime, yet is very slow and agile, check out our "Slick" ARFs. The videos will show you their capabilities...

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

I only have an acre which realy sn't that large of an area I am finding out. :)

Reply to
nawt2smart

I'd say any indoor plane will work. Shockflyers will generally be agile and such, they just look like junk (in my opinion anyway).

Don't know about either plane you mentioned, thus no comment on these.

Jenni

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

I sent this a couple days ago, but didn't see it post... here it is again...