homemade campac/clonepack for FF6, not FF8

I´ve run out of model memory on my thrusty Futaba Field Force 6. It has 6 memory places, but I really would like a lot more.

I don´t have the money right now to buy an 8 channel transmitter that can take campac memory modules. There are a lot of wonderful DIY memory projects out there on the web, but sofar I haven´t found any project for putting a larger model memory into the Field Force 6 transmitter.

Has anybody opened up the Futaba Field Force 6 transmitter and put in a larger model memory? Somebody somewhere talked about the Futaba memories as being simple eeproms. I have a PIC programmer, but that probably couldn´t be used to program eeproms? Can´t these be programmed in-circuit somehow? Well, anyway, is there a way that I could make my own "campac", or just exchange the small 6 place memory on board to a much larger memory chip?

Reply to
Ken

No. What I did was simply buy another FF6 on ebay. Was surprisingly cheap..about $60.

That turned ouut to be a lot cheaper than selling the one I had and getting Royal Evo..which is what I REALLY want..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have seen it work on the old FF7 as far as I can remember its just done by adding another memory chip and using a simple switch to enable which ever memory chip you need

Reply to
funfly3