Backyard aerobatic plane?

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good electric plane that can be flown in a backyard (probably a slowflyer) that can do aerobatics (loops, rolls, (needs ailerons), etc.) I have a Sky Scooter II right now and can fly it well, but it really needs more room than I have in my backyard to fly it safely. My aerobatic capability is at the training level so I don't want something that has an extreme roll rate, but still fast enough roll rate to be fun.

I would like to hand launch it and land it on the grass in my yard.

I am not a good builder, so probably an ARF would be best, but if it is not too hard to build then I am willing to try it.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to
Todd7

You might want to try something like an IFO. It can definitely fly in a small backyard but is a hot performer.

Normen Strobel

| Does anyone have a suggestion on a good electric plane that can be | flown in a backyard (probably a slowflyer) that can do aerobatics | (loops, rolls, (needs ailerons), etc.) I have a Sky Scooter II right | now and can fly it well, but it really needs more room than I have in | my backyard to fly it safely. My aerobatic capability is at the | training level so I don't want something that has an extreme roll | rate, but still fast enough roll rate to be fun.

Perhaps a Crazy Max?

Mine flies pretty slowly and is extremely aerobatic. I don't know if it'll require a lot less room than a Sky Scooter, however (never flown one.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Check out the slowflyers from hobby-lobby.com. I heartily recommend the Rare Bear, if three channels is enough for you. In fact, I've recently worn out the first motor on mine :^)

With practice, I was able to fly it up and down my street, though you'll want a slightly bigger area until you see how it handles.

Dan.

Reply to
BykrDan

Mountain models Tantrum

Reply to
David Poles

Now there's a thought... wonder what the people speeding down my street would think with a small airplane coming at them...? I'd like to fly along side them, but it isn't that fast. . Arne, CT, USA .

Reply to
arnereil