Question on buying my first aerobatic airplane

Hi!
I am currently flying an electric sports airplane, and would like to move to aerobatics. Any advise in this transition is welcome.
For room issues, I am limited to 40-inch wingspan. My 4-channel radio does not support dual or exponential rates, and my budget is rather limited. Been practicing with Realflight G3.5 and feel confident with a Cap232 or similar.
Should I try a $20 foam airplane first (although I prefer balsa), or just go with a fancier balsa model? Any recommendations/suggestions on this? Any recommended first aerobatic airplane? How different is an actual aerobatic airplane from a Realflight simulation?
Thanks in advance!
Angel
"Angel Abusleme" <> wrote

More info. please.
How long have you been flying?
What is your current setup? Plane type and/or brand, motor and battery size, what do you charge it with?
How do you feel about glow power?
How much do you have (tops) to spend?
Do you have building skills, or would you be willing to learn? Do you like the idea of building?
--
Jim in NC

Thanks for your response. Here is the requested info.

I flew for the first time 9 years ago, but I have not flown continuously. I've had a Kadet Senior and a Tiger 2 before my current airplane. Still need to improve landings. Confident (but not very precise) about loops, hammerheads, cuban 8s, rolls, inverted flight, etc.

Kyosho spree sports (40-inch wingspan, low wing with ailerons, flat-bottom airfoil, very stable), improved landing gear and extended ailerons for better handling. E-Flite 480 outrunner motor, 9x6 APC propeller, Phoenix 25 ESC, Thunder Power 2000mAh battery (square shape), thunderpower charger and blinky balancer. Hitec Focus 4 (4-channel transmitter) with 8-channel, dual conversion receiver.

I like it, but I can't use it where I fly. I am constrained to electric flight only.

Something like $80 in the airplane, $50 in accessories and servos. I don't intend to buy a new radio, unless it is necessary (dual rates?). I intend to use the same motor or maybe a 450, and the same ESC and battery.

I've built my previous airplanes from kits (not ARFs) and I really enjoyed it. Willing to learn to build from plans.

Angel Abusleme wrote:

Definitely cut your teeth on a GWS formosa.
Its cheap and disposable, which a serious pattern plane is not.
Nevertheless in light air, its a damned good attempt at one.
Hmmm... did you get one? How did it go? How did you like it?
-- Miha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mihai's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u 052 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tq470