Goldberg Tiger 400, Park Flyer 400 Series Aerobatic Airplane

Anyone have one of these? Thinking about getting one but would like to know how it flies... Thanks

Reply to
Jet Red

I haven't flown one so i'm not going to answer. OK, maybe i will. I held one of the pre-production models at the Toledo show. Looked nice but was too heavy for it's size. It was built and covered like the 40 size ARF instead of built as a parkflyer with lightweight covering. Too bad because i very much enjoyed my Tiger 60 years ago.

remove my-wife to reply :-)

Reply to
Icrashrc

The advertised weight of the plane is 499g with a 2pack Li-Po battery... Is that alot for a park flyer? What is a better weight to be at? Any suggestions, I like the look of the tiger 400 maybe someone can recommend a lighter plane that has the same sort of look. Thanks again!!!

Reply to
Jet Red

499g or aprox 18oz is not alot for a parkflyer......alot of the 400class parkflyers fall around 14oz to 22oz. If you like the looks.....go for it.....probally flys just as good as its bigger brothers.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

Thanks Mike...

Reply to
Jet Red

A friend of mine has one. It did come in at a respectable 17 or 18 ounces. Landing gear needed beefing up and he upgraded to brushless power. Flies nicely on the brushless setup... some version of Himax I believe. He couldn't get it to fly on the standard power setup.

Reply to
Randall Roman

I bought one a couple weeks back. The power setup is junk. The thin

flys very, very slow w/ the stock setup. I changed the motor to a 48 and it still was very disappointing. I havent messed w/ electrics muc and this was my first. I bought a .15 glow today and fit it tonight. cant justify spending another 150+ on a brushless setup. Ohh th landing gear is junk also. Ive never flown the larger tiger though Iv heard many good things. The kit was built nice the covering needed pass over w/ an iron, but it looks great now. If you plan on flyin one prepare to upgrade the motor.

-- ChuckBlower

this thread:

ChuckBlowers