OS 60 FP thursty

My OS 60 FP consumes 12oz of fuel in 6 minutes. It is delivering great perfomance and swings an APC 11x7 at 12200 with

10% Nitro. After several threads in this newsgroup it is a quiet saving engine and should be running double the time with this amount of fuel.

Any idea?

Reply to
Andreas Himmel

Can't help, but I think I'm hard done by getting the same duration on four ounces with an Irvine 25.

After this I don't consider I'm too badly off.:-))

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

Well, one idea. Are you sure it's consuming 12 oz of fuel? If there was a problem in the tank (if the fuel pickup line came off, for example), your engine could start sucking air when the tank was only half-empty.

Reply to
Mark Miller

All lines are newly installed, the tank was really filled up at take off, and empty after landing. The fuel must be gone anywhere, and its not inside the fuselage ;-)

Reply to
Andreas Himmel

If your flying it at full throttle, that's about right, try flying at 1/2 to

3/4 throttle.

also the person who is only 6 minutes of flying from a .25 on 4oz. ,something is really wrong, I have a 40" wing Lazy Bee with a .25 O.S. and a

4oz. tank and I get over a hour of flight time, course I'm only using 1/4 throttle..

Robert

Reply to
Robert Williams

How new is the engine? As it breaks in, you'll be able to start leaning it out, and it will consume less fuel.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Are you running it at full throttle all the time?

CR

Andreas Himmel wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Changing to a prop that gives 10,000-10500 RPM should help the fuel economy & it will be quieter. Performance will suffer some but thats the price. Hope this helps. Good luck--Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo

FWIW - my OS60FP does an easy 12K on an APC 12x6, while being more fuel efficient than most of my BB type 46 engines. (all on sea level!)

Reply to
René

Indeed I ran it at full throttle most of the time. But I flew other models with different engines really *all* the time without throttling and gained at least 10 minutes with less fuel. My .46 uses 10oz and runs 15 min. Using the throttle now more often extended the flying time by some minutes to just under 8 minutes. I installed a larger tank now and will try to adapt my throttling habits. That should be good for my aimed 10 min.

Stays the unsatisfactory feeling of a threatening dead stick on final approach and seeing Electrics flying longer and less noisy...

Reply to
Andreas Himmel